Runs with the support of the Adhata Trust. Its aim is to teach email, ebanking, eticketing etc and other computer skills. They are also imparted training in yoga, clay modeling, dancing etc. Festival and birthday celebrations bring happiness and help them out of loneliness and other mental negativity. Students participate and involve themselves in the various activities of senior citizens thereby creating a much needed interface.
Major activities carried out in the center:-
- Yoga, Physiotherapy, Indoor Games, Mental and Physical Games, Awareness , Aerobic and Dance sessions, Computer Classes, ABT sessions and Celebrations of Birthday and Festivals.
- Through these sessions and activities members get opportunities to exhibit their talent.
- Picnic and visits make them friendly and help them overcome problems of aging like loneliness, helplessness and boredom.
- In a recent activity member had to run 4.3 kms in Mumbai Marathon which showed them their inner strength. In the 80’s when people start to realize that they are getting old; our members could show their inner strength without any inhibitions.
- We recently held at activity at SIES and KC College where the young students performed a dace with our senior citizens through which we tried to narrow the intergenerational gap and create a strong bond.
- We also participated in Run for Unity at Bandar.
- At Adhata we believe in Empowering Elderly and help them become self-reliant so that they can Age Gracefully.