The South Indian Education Society (SIES), which has been at the forefront in the field of education since 1932, imparting quality education through various disciplines, has adopted the Rising Sun as its icon and pledges its resolve to take the Nation further up with its motto, 'RISE WITH EDUCATION'. Many of us are fortunate to have had higher education and are in a position to provide it to our children in the best institutions of the world.
However, higher education is increasingly getting beyond the reach of the middle class and the poor. There is an urgency to make higher education affordable and accessible to those who are yearning for it. The society owes it to itself to provide higher education to such poor and deserving students.
The SIES Education Assistance Trust (SEAT) is a small but benevolent step to address this issue and benefit the society in its entirety. SEAT was inaugurated by Bharat Ratna Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam on August 15, 2008.
SEAT currently has a corpus fund of Rs.4.5 crores, funded out of internal accruals. We disburse annually around Rs.50 Lakhs to nearly 500 students across various SIES institutions. These students are selected on the basis of both merit and economic criteria. SEAT is turning out to be one of the finest initiatives SIES has undertaken in the recent past.
- Latest marksheet XEROX Copy.
- Income Certificate certified for Govt. Collector Office.
- Ration Card/ Aadhar Card Xerox Copy.
- Government Open Merit Scholarship:- Student who have scored 60% and above in HSC Examination.
- Non-Hindi Merit Scholarship:- Junior College & Degree College students who have scored 60% and above in SSC or HSC Examination and 65% or above in Hindi.
- Physics & Maths Merit Scholarship:- Students who have scored above 60% in HSC as well as above 60% in Physics and Maths.
- Eklavya Scholarship:- Students getting minimum of 70% & above in graduation (B.Sc) examination & total family income not more than Rs. 75000/-. Also MSc – II students applied for renewal the scholarship forms with hold minimum 50% marks in MSc – I examination.
- Post Matric Scholarship:- Sikh, Muslim, Budha, Parsi, Jain & Christian students can apply for this scholarship on the website www.scholarships.gov.in.
- 50% and above in SSC / HSC / Graduation.
- Family Income not more than Rs. 200000.
- Applicants are staying more than 15 years in Maharashtra.
- Students are not availing any other scholarship.
- Scholarship will not be given to more than 2 pupil in the family.
- Central Sector Scholarship: Degree College Students securing 60% and more can apply for this scholarship on website www.scholarships.gov.in.
- SC / OBC / SBC / VJNT Scholarship / Freeship:- For SC students income ltd not more than 200000 & more than Rs. 200001 & above but less than Rs. 450000 have apply for the scholarship / freeship. OBC / SBC / VJNT students income ltd. For Scholarship Rs. 100000 & Rs. 100001 it is gone to Freeship. Income ltd for apply the scholarship / freeship of Rs. 450000.
- Girls Freeship for Junior College All junior college girl students are compulsory apply this scholarship.
- Ex-Servicemen / STC / PTC Scholarship: Those Junior & Degree college students who come under this category can apply for this scholarship.
- Economically Backward Class Scholarship: Those students family income not more than Rs. 100000 they may apply this scholarship.